What should I know about first year 1L summer jobs?
- Law is Cool – And They’re Off to the Races of…1L Summer Jobs!
- UBC Law Orientation 2010 – School’s Out for the Summer…Now What?
And how about second year 2L summer associate positions?
- TimeGlider timeline by LawSchool101
- TalentEgg – Studying, Summering, Articling and More
- Law Society of Upper Canada – Summer Student Recruitment Procedures
- Vancouver Bar Association – Articling and Student Application Deadlines
On-campus interviews (OCIs)
- Canadian Lawyer – OCI Survival Guide
- The Girl’s Guide to Law School – Rock OCI and Get the Job You Want
- The Globe and Mail – ‘Speed Dating’ for Success on Bay Street
- UBC Life of a Law Student – Second Year Begins and OCI’s Approach
- UVic Law Careers Office – Guide to On-Campus Interviews
- Best of Craigslist – Top 10 Law Firm Interview Questions
Summering at a Firm
- 4Lawschool – The Ten Commandments for Summer Associates
- Bitter Lawyer – Nine Summer Associate Don’ts
- Cassels Brock & Blogwell – A Student Blog
- Law Career Blog – Do’s and Don’ts for Summer Associates
- The Girl’s Guide to Law School – Want to Make a Good Impression…?
- Vault blog – How to Succeed as a Summer Associate
Are there any summer internship opportunities (where I can save the world?)